TRAINING AND REGISTRATION INFO
To sign up for Basic Training, please download the registration form. Our next class will begin in January 2023!
Classes will be online (Zoom) on Wednesday evenings for four consecutive evenings, from 7:00PM to 9:00PM, and in-person, for skills training, on Saturdays for three consecutive mornings, from 8:00AM to 12:00PM. The specific dates are on the registration form. Attendance at all classes is required for graduating. Make-ups may be allowed.
Basic CERT Training Class
The Community Emergency Response Team training session is designed for volunteers who wish to become involved in CERT in the New Canaan community. The Basic Training course covers:
- An Introduction to Disaster Preparedness
- Disaster Medical Operations
- Incident Command, Team Organization
- Disaster Psychology
- Terrorism & Sheltering in Place
- Fire Suppression & Light Search and Rescue